A lot of people dislike the taste of plain mushrooms. The simplest way to consume mushrooms is by eating them whole. But, some are unable to tolerate the bitter taste. And having magic mushrooms for the first time can be pretty unpleasant. And some people don’t even like how mushroom supplements taste. Like your regular mushroom, psilocybin mushrooms can also taste horrible.
Some say that it tastes like stale sunflower seeds and dry peanuts. And having a bad experience eating psilocybin mushrooms is not a good thing. But don’t let the bad taste and experience spoil your fun if you are looking for a magic mushroom adventure.
Did you know? A combination of psilocybin and a full stomach may cause nausea. And it can even make you bloat. So, cooking these mushrooms will help break down the not-so indigestible parts. As a result, the chitinous cell walls will be easier to digest for our stomach. Furthermore, it will make the magic mushrooms more flavorful.
You might be asking whether heat degrades the quality of psilocybin. Based on anecdotal evidence, high temperatures can decrease the potency of magic mushrooms. This is because high heat will break down the hallucinogenic compound psilocybin.
So what can help with the potency level of magic mushrooms? According to recent anecdotal evidence, citrus juice has this capacity. It can help turn psilocybin into psilocin faster. It works this way, our bodies metabolize psilocybin, and it becomes psilocin. Psilocin is what brings the magic.
So if you want to experience the trip immediately, you can use lemon juice. The acidity will break down the psilocybin immediately.
The dose and flavor pairings are one of the most common concerns when cooking shrooms. And based on the experience of many magic mushroom users, molecular gastronomy works. This is based on the assumption that food at the same molecular level will taste good together. Some examples of this pairing are the following:
- parsley and white chocolate
- mushrooms and dark chocolate
- chili and cinnamon
- mint and mustard
- apple and lavender
- honey or caramel and truffles
- cranberries and pistachios
Your magic mushrooms can be more palatable. So check out these recipes for magic mushrooms!
Magic Mushroom Chocolate
Mushrooms and dark chocolate are a great combination. Why? Because chocolates mask the unpleasant taste of mushrooms. Furthermore, they are both on the same molecular level. This means that they will always taste good together.
- dried mushrooms or truffles
- dark chocolate
- sugar or honey (optional)
- dried fruit (optional)
- large saucepan
- glass bowl
- sharp knife
- chocolate molds or non-stick baking tray
- Make sure that your shrooms or truffles are completely dried.
- With a sharp knife, cut them into smaller pieces.
- Break your dark chocolate and put them in the glass bowl
- Put some water in your large saucepan.
- Place the bowl into the saucepan.
- Place the saucepan with the bowl onto your stove.
- Bring the water to boil using low heat and stir the chocolate while it melts.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Allow the melted chocolate to cool for a few minutes.
- Add your mushrooms to the chocolate.
- Stir well to distribute the shroom
- Pour the chocolate mushroom mixture into the chocolate molds.
- Leave them to cool.
- Once cooled, you can wrap them with foil so that they’re easy to serve.
- Place your chocolate in the fridge for an easy psychedelic snack.
Tips: You can add a tablespoon or two of honey into your chocolate mushroom mixture. This will add more sweetness to your magic mushroom dessert. Also, you can add dried berries or fruits. This makes your magic mushroom chocolate taste more delicious.
Magic Mushroom Tea
Do you usually drink hot tea after waking up in the morning? Or do you drink it in the afternoon to chill out? If you are a tea drinker, this recipe is made especially for you. One good thing about this recipe is you can use both dried and fresh mushrooms. The only difference will be in the steeping time. Fresh mushrooms are not as concentrated as dried mushrooms. So they contain less potency. So, if you are planning to increase the dose, you need to steep your tea for 5 minutes longer than usual.
- Dried magic mushrooms or truffles
- Sugar or honey (optional)
- Teabag (optional)
- Saucepan or kettle
- Fine mesh strainer
- Your favorite mug
- Grind your dried magic mushrooms into a fine powder and set them aside
- In the saucepan, put a cup of water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the powdered magic mushrooms to the water and steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain using a fine-mesh strainer
Tips: If you want a better flavor, you can throw in your favorite tea bag during the steeping process. You can also add some sugar or honey and adjust it to your taste.
Are you concerned about calories and spiking insulin levels? If you are, then this jelly recipe is made for you!
- Dried mushrooms
- Packet of jelly
- Dried fruit (optional)
- Sugar or honey (optional)
- Measuring jug
- Mixing bowl
- Jello mold/bowl
- Fine mesh strainer
- Weigh out your dose of magic mushrooms
- Grind the shrooms
- Using your measuring jug, prepare 250ml of boiling water.
- Add the boiling water to the dried magic mushrooms and steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid using the fine mesh strainer
- Place the liquid in a bowl and chill at room temperature.
- Using your measuring jug, prepare 200ml of boiling water.
- Add one packet of jelly and stir.
- Mix the shroom tea with the jelly
- Chill the mixture at room temperature
- Put the mix in the jello mold and place it in the fridge to set
- Take them out for a light snack, or you can also have them for dessert.
Pro Tips: If you want more texture in your jello, you can add chopped dried fruits and berries. And if you have a sweet tooth, add sugar or honey. Or you can also add some coffee to have that coffee jelly taste.
If you want the best out of your mushroom experience, you need to prepare. Every person will have a different reaction to certain drugs. Magic mushrooms are not an exception. So always remember to start small.
Have a taste and feel how magic mushroom affects you. Afterward, you can decide for yourself how much you can take next time. You can even choose how intense your encounter will be.
You can choose to have a deep dive into your subconscious. Or you can also select a high that will emphasize various shapes and colors. But if you are still wondering how you should start. You can scroll down for more info:
It will help if you practice safety. And it would be best if you prepared your magic mushroom recipe. Your mood and mindset will play a significant role. And your environment and surroundings will affect your experience. If you are anxious or depressed, it’s best to wait until you are feeling better.
It’s essential to take the proper dose if you want to maximize the benefits of psychedelics. Always start with a low dose. Then you can work your way up. If it’s your first time, doing “heroic doses” is stupid and, at the same time, dangerous. To check if you are getting the proper dose, you can check an online magic mushroom dosage calculator. It will help you figure out the number of grams required to give you a good trip.
Have a Trip-Sitter
If it’s your first time taking shrooms, you need someone you can trust to assist you. A trip-sitter will be there to watch and keep you safe as you are tripping. If your trip goes wrong, a trip-sitter will be able to help you calm down. They should be experienced with the effects of psychedelics. And they need to be sober while you are tripping.
What if your trip is not going as planned?
In such cases, you don’t need to worry. You can buy a trip stopper ahead of time. Having a trip stopper will help lessen the effects of a bad trip. It will make you more relaxed so that you can enjoy your mushroom ride the next round.
Magic mushrooms are one of the most potent natural psychedelics. They are usually associated with vivid trips and many visual and auditory hallucinations. But, they do have a lot of therapeutic and medical benefits.
Your first magic mushroom trip will always be memorable. Most of the time, people say that their experience is life-changing. Thus, it would be best if you got it right from the start. Proper preparation will ensure that you will experience an enlightening and euphoric experience.
The best thing about magic mushrooms is that it’s pretty flexible. You can have it as a beverage, a dessert, or even the main course. So there’s a lot of possibilities when working with magic mushrooms.
So go ahead and try out these simple recipes. You will love them!